Welcome to ChMeetings! We are grateful for your decision to migrate your church data into our platform, and we are here to help make your transition as comfortable as we can.
If you want to go through this process yourself, we provide various import tools for you to use.
This guide shows you how to retrieve your data from Shepherd’s Staff and import it into ChMeetings.
Export from Shepherd’s Staff
Shepherd’s Staff uses an Access database for export. You will need Microsoft Access to retrieve the data from it after export. To export the database, please follow the steps below:
- Find the location of the database file that Shepherd's Staff is based on:
- Log in to Shepherd's Staff.
- Go to Utilities > Settings.
- Select Locations and find the Current Locations and Current Database fields.
- The Current Database value shows where the database is located on your computer. The default path is c:\ShepherdsStaff\STAFF.MDB.
- Exit Shepherd's Staff, find the database file (STAFF.MDB) on your computer, and create a COPY of this file.
- To access the data and convert it to .csv for import into ChMeetings, you need to open the database using Microsoft Access.
- If you find the process difficult and you are subscribed to a paid ChMeetings plan, please send us your data and we’ll import it into ChMeetings for free. To send the data to us for free import, please create a .zip file by right-clicking on the COPY of STAFF.MDB and selecting Send To > Compressed (Zipped) Folder.
Import into ChMeetings
If you want to go through the import process yourself, you can use our available import tools to do so.
If you need any guidance or decide to let our team migrate your data, please don’t hesitate to contact us.