ChMeetings allows you to customize member profile fields so that you can collect the information you need, for a better member experience. You can do this by logging into your ChMeetings account and going to Settings > Profile Fields.
The Profile fields section is composed of two major areas:
- Default profile fields which you can simply turn on or off. There are two types of such fields:
- Non-editable: These will be required by our app regardless of whether you customize profile fields or not. They are necessary in order to be able to register members within the system.
- Editable: These are those that you can customize yourself and are not mandatory in order to register someone to the app. You can use them for member registration if you want to, by enabling registrations using profile fields as the registration form, from under the Member Access area. These can be filled out by members while or after they register to the app, or by users (owner, admin, group leader). You can select which fields to use for member registration by going to Users & Roles > Roles & Permissions, where you can edit Member Permissions to select desired fields.
- Additional fields which you can configure yourself.
In this article we will discuss how to manage default profile fields: both non-editable and editable.
Default, non-editable fields
These fields are required in order to register a new member into ChMeetings and include:
- Email Address - Text.
- First Name - Text.
- Last Name - Text.
- Mobile Phone - Number.
Default, editable fields
Each field can be enabled by switching the toggle next to it to the ON position. To disable a field, switch the toggle to the OFF position.
Below are the field categories and corresponding fields to choose from, along with the information format each field requires.
- Job Title - Text/Dropdown.
- Employer - Text.
- Talents And Hobbies - Text.
- Education Level - Text/Dropdown.
- Qualification - Text/Dropdown.
- School - Text/Dropdown.
- Grade - Text. Selecting “Graduated” reveals an additional field: Graduation Year (Date).
- Home Phone - Number.
- Facebook - Text.
- Address Line - Text.
- Address Line 2 - Text.
- City - Text.
- State - Dropdown.
- Zip Code - Text.
- Building No. - Number.
- Floor - Number.
- Apartment - Number.
- Family Members: Adds an option to people profiles that allows a ChMeetings user to add family members from existing people, or to add someone new and link them as a family member.
- Father of Confession - Text.
- Church - Text.
- Deacon - Dropdown: Sets someone up as a deacon within the church. When set to :Yes”, it reveals two other fields: Deacon Rank (Dropdown) and Ordinated By (Text).
- Marital Status - Dropdown. Selecting “Married” or “Engaged” will reveal additional fields: Anniversary (Date) and Engagement Date (Date) respectively.
- Join Date - Date.
- Gender - Multiple Choice (Male/Female). For more gender options, please disable this field and create a custom one.
- Baptism Date - Date.
- Baptism Location - Text.
To reset these fields to their default ON or OFF values, please click on Reset, at the bottom right of the screen.
To complete your setup, please click Save Settings..