ChMeetings allows you to collect contributions via a variety of payment methods, which you can customize yourself.
To do so, go to Contributions > Payment Methods.
There are four default payment methods, which cannot be edited or deleted. These are:
- Card: The payment has been made by bank card, typically via a Point of Sale (PoS).
- Cash: The contribution has been made in cash.
- Check: The church has received a check with a contribution.
- Online: The contribution has been made via the Online Giving feature within ChMeetings.
Add new payment methods
You can add more payment methods, as follows.
- Click Add Method, at the top left of your methods list.
- Enter the name of your new method, then click Save.
- The new method is now available within your list and can now be selected when adding new contributions.
Edit or delete a payment method
You can only edit or delete a payment method you added yourself. To do so, find it in your list, click the options button next to it. Select Edit to update the name of the payment method. Choose delete if you want to remove it.
When deleting a payment method, any existing payments associated with it will need to be assigned to a different method. Please select it when confirming deletion.
Note: Deleted payment methods cannot be restored/reassigned.