- View follow ups
- Export follow ups
- Add a new follow up
- Edit Follow Ups
- Delete follow ups
- Manage follow ups in bulk
- Quickly mark follow ups as done
- How do follow up notifications work?
Follow Ups are a great way to keep in touch with people in your church community and keep up with the tasks related to your role within the church.
You can work with this feature using the dedicated Follow up module within ChMeetings.
View follow ups
All existing follow ups are accessible as soon as you go to the dedicated module.
You can search by name or use the Advanced Search feature to filter follow ups by date, type, status, action or responsible person.
To view an individual follow up, click the options button next to it, then select View. You can also view it by clicking the date in the Date column.
Export follow ups
To export either the full list of follow ups, or one you have filtered, simply click the Export button at the top right. This will generate an Excel file containing the details of your follow up list.
Add a new follow up
To add a new follow up, please follow the steps below:
- Click the Add Follow Up button at the top left of your list.
- Next, please provide details about your follow up:
- Select the People who you would like to follow up with.
- Choose the Responsible person. This is someone from your team of staff.
- Add the Follow Up Date.
- Choose a Type: This is either a Visit, a Phone call or a Message.
- Enter a From-To time range within which the follow up will take place.
- Select the Action you need to complete. Actions can be anything you need and are customizable by clicking the gear (⚙) icon next to the list of actions.
- Mark the follow up as Done, if it is the case.
- Add a Note if needed.
- Click Save when you’re ready.
As soon as your follow up is saved, it will be visible in your list.
You can customize actions from within the follow up details window, by clicking the gear (⚙) icon next to the list of actions.
You will now see a new window where you can add a new action. Simply enter the action name and click Save.
Your new action is now added and available to select.
You can edit the action name by clicking the pencil (🖉) icon next to it.
To delete an action, simply click the Delete (⊖) icon next to it.
You will be asked to confirm your choice to delete the action and ALL related follow ups. Please click Delete if you are sure or Cancel otherwise.
ALL follow ups that are associated with the action you’re deleting WILL be deleted along with the action. Please note that deleted actions and follow ups cannot be restored.
Add family members to follow ups
If you create a follow up from someone’s profile (Follow up section), you can add their full list of family members to the follow up with just one click. The condition is that they have to be associated with their family members. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to a person’s profile, from the People module or by clicking on their name on a previous record in the Follow up module.
- Go to the Follow up section.
- Click Add Follow Up.
- If the selected person has family members added, then you will see an option to include family members.
- Once you click this option, all existing family members associated with the profile will be added. You can remove some of them if you like, by clicking the “x” next to them.
Please watch the tour below to see how this works.
Smart Follow Ups (Mobile)
If you are using the ChMeetings Mobile App, you can create a follow up quickly and easily, right after having called someone, or after having sent them a text or WhatsApp message.. The steps are as follows:
- Go to someone’s ChMeetings profile and click Call, Text or WhatsApp icon to contact them.
- After ending the phone call or sending the message, return to the ChMeetings app.
- You will see a notification that asks you whether you want to create a follow up with the person. You can dismiss the notification if you like, and you will be returned to the person’s profile.
Below is a quick tour of this feature, using a phone call scenario as an example.
Edit Follow Ups
To edit an existing follow up, click the options button next to it and select Edit.
This opens a window where you can edit all of the details of the follow up, except for the person concerned.
Delete follow ups
You can delete follow ups from several places:
- The follow up options menu.
- The follow up view window.
- From the Bulk Actions menu - this option allows you to delete multiple follow ups in one go.
- By going to a person’s profile, then to the Follow ups section. You will find an options menu here as well, where there is a Delete option.
Here is a quick tour of all the places where you can delete follow ups:
You will be asked to confirm your choice to delete the follow up(s). Please click Delete if you want to proceed, or Cancel otherwise. Please note that deleted follow ups cannot be restored.
Manage follow ups in bulk
You can easily take action for multiple follow ups in one go, using the Bulk Actions menu. To access it, please use the checkboxes next to the follow up records to select those you want to work with.
From the Bulk Actions menu, you can use the following features:
- Export the selection to Excel.
- Text the selected people.
- Email the selected people.
- Send a notification to the selected people.
- Delete the selected follow ups.
Quickly mark follow ups as done
You can quickly mark any follow up as Done using the checkmark icon in your list of follow ups.
How do follow up notifications work?
- When a follow up that is not done is assigned to someone the assignee will receive a push notification immediately, telling them that they have new follow ups assigned.
- Another notification is received on the day of the follow up, to remind the assignee about it.
- Notifications work on both the web and mobile versions of ChMeetings, if enabled.
- You can control the notifications from the Notification Settings > Follow up.