This is a paid feature.
Twilio is a communication platform that allows users to stay in touch with their community. Among other features, Twilio allows you to send and receive SMS, and it is possible to integrate ChMeetings with your Twilio account.
Integrating ChMeetings with Twilio
To integrate ChMeetings with Twilio, please follow the steps below.
- First, log into Twilio to retrieve your Account SID, Auth Token and Phone Number. They are available in the Console, under the main Dashboard tab. Please note that the SID and Auth Token shown below are for demonstration purposes (they are not real). Please retrieve your own from your Twilio account and ensure that they are handled securely.
- Next, log into ChMeetings and go to Settings > Integrations. This is where you will find Twilio listed. Please click on Integrate to proceed.
- You will now be asked to provide your Twilio Account SID, Auth Token and Number. Please copy them from Twilio and paste them into ChMeetings. Click Save when you are ready to enable the integration.
- The integration has now been enabled and you will see its details in the Integrations section of ChMeetings. If you need to edit or remove Twilio anytime later, you can do so using the Edit Integration or Remove Integration buttons respectively. If you decide to remove, you can reconfigure later, if needed.
Your integration is now enabled. SMS will work as usual in ChMeetings, just that you will not need to purchase credits to send messages. Instead, your SMS billing will be managed through Twilio. Your Twilio number will be displayed as the sender.
All of your SMS messages will be available in Reports > Text History Report.
The messages sent to/received from a specific person are available on the person’s profile, under the Text Messages tab.
To receive replies to your messages within ChMeetings, please add the ChMeetings Webhook to Twilio:
- Go to the Phone Numbers section in your console.
- Click on your phone number.
- Scroll down to Messaging.
- Add ChMeetings as your messaging service. For “When a message comes in” select “Webhook” and add “https://api.chmeetings.com/webhooks/twilioresponse” as the URL. Select HTTP Post afterwards.
- Save your changes when ready.
That’s it. Your Twilio integration is now ready to use.