This tool allows you to import group assignments into ChMeetings using a spreadsheet.
You can find the feature by going to Settings > Tools > Import Groups.
To import groups, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Download the Template File,
- Step 2: Upload the Edited Data File,
- Step 3: Check Errors and Import.
Step 1: Download the Template File
Click Download Template File to download a spreadsheet containing the following columns:
- Person Id: Autogenerated, mandatory field. Please do not modify it, as this is the most important column in the spreadsheet. If the person’s name does not match a ChMeetigs profile, then the record will be matched based on the Person ID.
- First Name: The first name of a person in your list of people. Please do not modify it.
- Last Name: The last name of a person in your list of people. Please do not modify it.
- Group Name: If the person is assigned to a group, it will be listed under this column.
You can edit the template and update the group assigned to each person in the list. When importing, the group will be updated within ChMeetings as well. If the Group column is blank for a particular person, then they are not assigned to a group, and you can add one in the empty cell. You can add new group names, and they will be automatically created in ChMeetings upon import.
Click Next in ChMeetings to proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Upload the Edited Data File
Once you have made all your edits to the spreadsheet, you can upload it to ChMeetings.
Click Add File or drag and drop your spreadsheet into the upload area to perform the upload.
Once the file uploads, click Next to proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Check Errors and Import
When your file is uploaded, ChMeetings will display any potential errors. If any require correction, please re-edit the spreadsheet, then go back and re-upload it.
If there are no errors to correct, then click Import.
Once the import completes, the members for which you have updated the group assignments will be part of the updated group.