- Church Information
- Features Setup
- General Settings
- Format Settings
- Automatic Settings
- Email Settings
- Custom Color
Your general account settings can be edited by going to Settings - Account Settings.
In this section, you will be presented with several sections which include specific settings you can customize. Let’s go through them all below.
Here is where you can configure your basic church information, by filling out the following fields:
- Name: This is the name that will be used for your church, throughout your ChMeetings account.
- URL: Here is where you can choose a subdomain that will be used when you log into your ChMeetings account. Instead of app.chmeetings.com, you will see yourchurchurl.chmeetings.com.
- Show church in ChMeetings app: Turn the toggle on or off, as desired. When this option is turned on, the login and member registration screens will display your church logo and name. When this option is turned off, then these screens will display the ChMeetings logo. Please note that this feature is only available for paid accounts.
- Address Information: Please fill out the Country, State, City, Street Address and Time Zone corresponding to your church.
Available Features Setup
This section allows you to enable or disable specific features, according to your needs. You can do so using the toggle switch next to each feature.
- Enable events management: This allows you to enable or disable the Events module within ChMeetings. When this is turned off, all events related features become unavailable, including the corresponding section within the main menu.
- Enable contributions: This feature allows you to enable or disable the Contribution module within ChMeetings. When this is turned off, all contribution related features become unavailable, including the corresponding section within the main menu.
- Enable follow up allows you to enable or disable the Follow Up module. When this is turned off, all follow up related features become unavailable, including the corresponding section within the main menu.
- Force strong password on all users is a security feature that we recommend you enable, because it makes account passwords more secure, whether for your users (owners, admins or group leaders) or for your congregation members. Regular passwords should be at least 8 characters long. Strong passwords should be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one lowercase letters, one capital letter, one number and one special character (for example: !, @, #, $).
- Ask for password change at the first login allows you to choose whether you want users and members to change their password when they first log into their accounts.
Here is where you can change the default language being used throughout ChMeetings, for both your users (owners, admins or group leaders) or for your congregation members. Simply use the dropdown to select the language you require.
Here is where you can configure the following settings:
- Date format: Select between: dd/mm/yyyy, mm/dd/yyyy, yyyy-mm-dd or dd-mm-yyyy.
- Time format: Choose whether you would like to use a 12 hours or 24 hours format.
- Name Format: Select between: [First Name, Middle Name, Last name], [Last Name, First Name] or [Last Name, First Name, Middle Name].
- Enable Native Name: Switch the toggle to the ON position if you would like to capture people's name in their native language. It will be appended to their name wherever it is displayed regardless of format.
- First day of the week: Allows you to choose whether your week starts with Sunday or Monday. This will reflect in the calendar and across all date selection fields. The default is Monday.
This is where you will find a setting that allows you to set a specific date at which to automatically promote people’s school grade every year. This is particularly useful when working with children.
Please note that this section is only available for paid accounts.
In this section you can configure the sender name that will be visible to users when receiving emails from the system; as well as a reply to email, which will receive any email replies that users may send to you.
If you set a Sender Name and Reply To address, then this configuration is considered as default whenever you send an email.However, when you send an email, it is also possible to choose between the default email address and the one corresponding to the person who sends the email.
Here is what the feature looks like when sending an email:
Here is where you can customize the main color being used by your ChMeetings account.
Simply click on the color sample to reveal a color picker, where you can just click on the color you want. You can adjust the shade by dragging your cursor over the color area until you are happy. You can also enter the exact Hex code into the Hex Color field.
Please note that this feature is only available for paid accounts.
Please click Save Settings when you are happy with your configuration, or click Cancel otherwise.