The user promotion process
If you would like to promote a member to a group leader or admin role (or any custom role you may have configured), please follow the steps below:
- Go to Users & Roles - Users.
- Find the required user in the list. You can use the Search function at the top to find them faster.
- Click the options button next to the user, then select Roles.
- Next, you will have the option to review the ministry that the member belongs to, as well as their role. In addition, you can edit the member’s role by clicking the pencil icon on the right.
- Now you will be able to select which role you would like to assign to this person. The list of roles will display all roles available under your church account, whether default or custom.
- If you would like to add a new role to the same person, you can do so within this window. Simply click on Add Role and you will see the options to select the Ministry and the role. If you are adding a Group Leader, you will also need to select the group, then click on Save to add it.
- Click on Save when you are ready to save your setup.
When you have completed your configuration, the person will be assigned the roles you selected.
Any Owner, Admin or Group Leader you add to the Church level, will have the same role and permissions within all ministries.
Any Owner, Admin or Group Leader at the Church account level is also a member at this level. They can switch to their Member view by clicking the switch icon at the top right corner of the menu bar.
Admins and Group Leaders at the Ministry level will also be members at the Church level. This means that they will have extra features, according to their user role, when they view the Ministry that they have been assigned the role for. They can also switch to their Member view, and they will be taken to the Church account level, from where they can switch to specific ministries (including the ones they have higher permissions for) and view them as members.
You can use different roles at the Church account and Ministry levels. For example, you can add someone as a Group Leader at the Church level, and as an Admin within a ministry.
If you have assigned ministry-specific roles, then the user in question will have the possibility to switch between ministries or between the main church account and their assigned ministry, when they view their User (Admin or Group Leader) account. The user can switch using the church/ministry profile area, at the top left of the screen. When switching, they will automatically be assigned to their role and permissions, according to the level they are viewing.