- Export existing users
- Manage existing users
- Communicate to users
- Manage user roles
- List of user permissions
Users are people with increased ChMeetings account permissions, compared to Members.
All information about users and their permissions can be found under the Users & Roles module.
Export existing users
You can export it by clicking the Export button at the top right of the Users module. This will automatically download a spreadsheet that includes essential user information: Name, Mobile Phone, Email, Ministry Name, Role, Status, Last Access Date and Username.
Manage existing users
Edit a user
To edit a user:
- Go to Users & Roles > Users.
- Find the user in the list.
- Click the options button next to the user, then select Edit.
- You can now edit the user’s email and username.
- You can also configure the user’s password yourself, or tick Generate Password to allow the system to generate it for you. In this case, you will not be able to see it.
- If you create the password yourself, you can choose not to send the account information to the user. If you generate the password, the option will be automatically enabled and will be uneditable. When this option is enabled, the user will be emailed with the information they require in order to log into their account.
- Click Save when you are done editing.
Delete a user
To delete a user, click the options button next to their record, then select Delete.
Please confirm your choice by clicking again on Delete. Click Cancel if you no longer want to delete.
Edit the role of a specific user
To edit an existing user’s role, click the options button next to their record, then select Roles. You can use the filters at the top of the list if you like to filter by ministry or role, or to search by name.
You will now be shown the current role fulfilled by the user. You can edit it using the Edit (pencil) icon.
You can now select which role you would like to assign to this person. The list of roles will display all roles available under your church account, whether default or custom. Click Save when you are ready.
If you want to assign someone as a Group Leader, please also select the group(s) they are leading.
Assign multiple roles
You can assign multiple roles to someone by clicking the Add Role option, within their Roles editing window.
You will then be able to add a ministry and the role that you’d like to assign to the person within it. You can assign multiple roles within the same ministry (for example, Admin and Group Leader). Save the new role when ready.
All roles assigned to a user will be displayed as shown below.
Edit the permissions of a specific user
Permissions can be edited at the User Role level, not for individual users.
To edit the permissions granted to a user role, please see the Managing user roles section, found below.
Communicate to users
If you would like to communicate to a user, you can do so by clicking the options button next to their record, then by selecting Text People, Email People or Send Notification. Notifications can only be sent to people who have installed the mobile app and are logged into it.
Manage user roles
Default roles hierarchy
The default user roles hierarchy within ChMeetings are:
- Owner: The main ChMeetings account owner(s).
- Admin: People who manage the church account or a ministry.
- Group Leader: People who lead groups of members.
- Member: Your general congregation, who can have access to their own ChMeetings accounts if you enable member access.
These roles can all be edited and adjusted to your needs. You can also add new, custom roles to this default list of options..
Add a user role
To add a new user role:
- Go to Users & Roles > Roles & Permissions.
- Click on Add Role.
You can now add a name, role type and permissions for your custom user role.
Copy an existing role
This feature is useful if you need to create a custom role that inherits most of the permissions of an existing role. This way, the process is faster because all you need to do is make a few changes.
All roles can be copied, except for the Owner. Top copy a role, click the options button next to it, then select Copy Role.
This will open in the editing window, where you can adjust and save the new role. Please note that some permissions may not be editable, depending on the Role Type. The Role Type itself is also uneditable when copying an existing role - it will be automatically set to the type of role you are copying.
It is only possible to delete custom roles. Default roles cannot be deleted. In addition, there has to be no user assigned to the role in question.
To delete a custom role, please click the options button next to it, then click Delete. If the option is not visible, this means that you are trying to remove a default role.
Please confirm your choice by clicking again on Delete. Click Cancel if you no longer want to remove the role.Please note that deleted roles cannot be resotored.
If a role has users assigned to it, you will not be allowed to delete it. Please assign the users to a different role before deleting. Please see Editing the role of a specific user above in this article.
List of user permissions
User permissions are organized by modules and differ by role type.
- Owners and Admins are assigned to the “Account” role type.
- Group Leaders are assigned to the Group Leader role type.
You can restrict access to an entire module, by keeping all permissions unchecked. You can also uncheck specific features to disable them. To grant access to all features, simply check all the boxes.
The most important permissions
- View: Users can view information in read-only mode.
- Add: Users can add new information within a module.
- Edit: Users can both view and edit information within the selected module.
- Delete: Users can remove information from within the selected module.
Decide if the users assigned to this role type have access to information in people’s profiles and to related features. This includes the notes added to people’s profiles, as well as each profile field. For profile fields, you can choose whether to allow this user type to view or edit them. If you would like to keep all fields enabled and editable, please keep the toggle turned OFF. If you want to restrict access to part of the fields, then please turn the toggle ON and check the permissions of each field.
Note: Both Role Types have uneditable View permission by default.
Here is where you can allow or restrict the user role type from adding or removing existing people to/from ministries.
This is where you can allow or restrict people from adding, editing, or removing groups. Admins, Owners, and custom roles may be granted permission to View, Add, Edit and Delete.
Group Leaders may be granted permission to Add existing people to groups and Remove people from groups.
Note: The view permission is granted and uneditable for all Role Types.
This section includes permissions related to event management. Some special permissions include:
- View events.
- Add/Edit lets the user add or edit events. This permission is available for Group Leaders and allows them to add or edit events within their group.
- View attendance: grants access to lists of people who register or attend an event.
- Check In: enables the event check in feature.
- Registration: gives the user permission to register people to events.
- Cancel registration: allows the user to cancel any event registration.
- Reports: enables access to the reports that relate to events (e.g.: event attendance rate).
- Volunteers: provides access to the Volunteers module, to allow users to manage volunteer activities. This permission can also be enabled for Group Leaders.
These permissions relate to the follow up module, and you can allow or restrict people from adding, viewing, editing or removing follow ups. In addition, you can set view permissions according to the specific assignment of follow ups.
Contributions (not available to group leaders)
Here is where you can manage access to the Contributions module, along with some of its major features.
Pledges (not available to group leaders)
Owners, Admins, and custom roles may be granted access to Pledges. The available permissions are: View, Add, Edit, and Delete. Pledges permissions are only enabled if the user role receives access to at least View Contributions.
Member Access (not available to group leaders)
These permissions let you manage access to the Member Access module, as well as to new member requests. You can enable or restrict users to:
- View the module in read only mode.
- See the invitation link.
- Accept new member requests.
- Reject new member requests.
Note that accepting or rejecting new member requests is only required if you do not enable automatic member registration approvals.
Users with the Forms Permission can view, add, edit and delete all forms within the account
For Group Leaders, forms can be made accessible to View. They will have access to viewing the form itself, as well as the submissions of users and members within the group they belong to.
Users (not available to group leaders)
Unlike the modules above, the Forms and Users modules only allow you to enable or disable the full module, with no feature specific permissions.