- Add a New Automated Task
- Enable or Disable a Task
This is a paid feature.
Automated Tasks allow you to send automated emails or notifications to members on their birthdays or anniversary or to create follow-ups for new givers.
This is a paid feature, only available to users with Owner or Admin roles.
if you have a Demo account, you can set up Automated Tasks, but no email will be sent for security reasons.
To reach Automated Tasks, go to Settings > Automated Tasks.
Add a New Automated Task
To add a new Automated Task, follow the steps below:
- On the Automated Tasks screen, click Add Task.
- In the Add Task window, you can configure a task of your choice: A Birthday Email/Notification, Anniversary Email/Notification, or a Follow-Up for a New Giver. The window opens the Birthday task by default. You can see a border around the selected task.
Add a Birthday or Anniversary Task
To add a Birthday task, select Birthday or Anniversary, respectively.
This task lets you send a greeting email or push notification to members on their birthday or anniversary and triggers daily at 9 am for members whose birthday or anniversary is that day.
The Birthday and Anniversary tasks require the same settings, which you can configure as follows:
- Under Settings, enter a name, then choose whether to send an email, a push notification, or both.
- Under the Task Flow section, you can select under which conditions the task runs and what it should do when it runs.
- Under When this happens, you can enable specific Criteria that the task should take into account when running. You can select criteria for Gender (Male. Female, or Unknown), Age Range (enter desired values), or Groups (select the desired group)
- Under This action will be taken the only option is to send a message. You can edit the message body, add merge fields, choose a template, or save one.
When your configuration is ready, click Save to save the task.
Add a Follow up for New Givers
When someone donates to a specific fund for the first time, a follow-up task will be assigned to the giver. This task will run daily at 9 am for all new givers.
To configure the follow-up task, follow these steps:
- Enter a Name to identify the task,
- Select the Fund to which givers should contribute for this task to trigger.
- Check the checkbox to consider givers as new if they have contributed within the last 12 months.
- Select a Responsible person for the follow-up,
- Select an Action for the follow-up.
- Save the task when ready
Enable or Disable a Task
Once your tasks are saved, you can see them listed under the Settings > Automated Tasks section. Each task has a toggle that you can turn on to enable a task or off to disable it.