- Introduction: Online Giving Methods
- Set up Online giving
- How can people give?
Introduction: Online Giving Methods
By enabling online giving, your members can easily contribute to your church online. There are three methods through which this can be achieved:
- Via PayPal.
- By Integrating a Stripe account, for credit card contributions.
- Using any other external payment provider and adding a custom donation link within ChMeetings.
Set up Online giving
Enable Online Giving
To enable Online Giving, please start by going to: Contribution > Online Giving. Next, turn on the toggle to enable the feature.
Configure your payment provider
You will now be able to configure your payment provider, by clicking Configure.
Next, choose your payment provider.
- If you select PayPal, please enter your paypal email and click Integrate.
- If you would like to use Stripe, please select it and click Integrate. You will be taken to Stripe’s login screen where you will need to connect to your account.
Note: You can disconnect from your payment provider anytime, by clicking the Disconnect button and confirming your choice.
Select a Fund
The funds you select will be displayed to members when they give via your ChMeetings giving link, so that they can select where their donation should go.
Ask to cover fees
You can ask donors to cover the processing fees, by turning on the toggle. You can either select:
- A percentage out of the total donation (less or equal to the fees you pay to the payment provider);
- An amount, less or equal to the minimum processing fee.
Customize the thank you message
This is the message that donors will see after they contribute. Be sure to let them know how their donation contributes to your church and to thank them for their generosity.
Here is where you can customize the email that goes out to your donors, confirming its receipt.
Please enter an email from which this message should be sent, then customize the message template.
You can add merge fields to your template, from the Add to Email list:
- Place your cursor in the position where you would like to add the field.
- Select the desired field from the Add to Email list.
- Click the 🕀 sign to enter the field into your email body.
Merge fields will retrieve specific information from within the member’s profile or the donation payment transaction, and add it to the email text when it is sent out. The information will be personalized to each person automatically, so there is no need to change the template when user data is modified.
Click Save Settings when you have finished setting up online giving.
How can people give?
Via your ChMeetings giving link
People can give either via your direct giving link, found within your ChMeetings online giving area. Simply copy it or click the QR code icon to generate a QR code that points to your link. Share it with everyone to start collecting contributions.
Once you have configured online giving, members will have the option to either contribute once or on a recurring basis. They can do so by going to your ChMeetings giving link, selecting the amount and the fund, then choosing whether they want to contribute on a recurring basis. If so, they can select the frequency of their contribution. They will have the option to contribute via PayPal and/or Credit Card, depending on your payment gateway. Recurring giving is available through both PayPal and Stripe. All one-time or recurring payments will be available for church admins to manage under Contributions > Online Giving, under the Payments or Recurring tab respectively.
Via a custom donation link
If you are not using PayPal or Stripe, or you simply prefer not to integrate with a payment provider, you can also add a custom donation link to ChMeetings.
- Go to Member Access.
- Under Important Links, enter your Custom Donation Link.
- Click Save Settings.
You can also share this link with everyone to collect donations. If you have added it to the Important Links section, it will also create a Donate button on your members’ dashboard. They will see it every time they log into their ChMeetings member account.