- 📔 Notes
- Importing People
When you first get started using ChMeetings, you can easily import your list of people, using a simple spreadsheet.
This feature is also very useful when you want to make bulk updates to people’s profiles, because you can easily export your list, make the updates using the spreadsheet, then upload it back into ChMeetings.
This guide shows you how to import People data yourself. If you have recently signed up for a paid ChMeetings account and would like our team’s support to make the import for you, please get in touch by email (email@example.com) so we can help.
- Please make sure that you have properly configured the account Country and State/City in your Account Settings, before importing any data.
- The import template will reflect any people profile fields you enable or disable, as well as any custom profile fields you create. Therefore, please go to Settings > Profile Fields and ensure that people’s profiles include the fields you need.
- Please use the provided template to import your data. The application doesn't support any custom template.
- Only first and last names are required in order to import a new person.
- The groups and notes data will not be updated if a person already exists.
- You can import families by setting the Family ID column to any sequential number to group the family. This ID should be shared by all family members, regardless of their Family Role. You can use this ID to add people with the same last name to the same family, just make sure that they are actually so and do not simply share the same name.
- You can export your list of people, make updates, then import it back. The exported spreadsheet uses the appropriate template for the import tool.
- Please contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to help you fix any issues related to the import. We are regularly updating the import tool to make it better and easier.
Please go to Tools > Import People to get started. Here is where you will find an import wizard that will take you through all the steps required in order to import people data into your ChMeetings account.
Here is an overview of what the entire process looks like. Please read below for detailed information on each step.
Step 1: Download the Template
If you are importing your first people profiles into ChMeetings, please download the template first. Please populate this template with data to get it ready for import. Click Next when you are ready to proceed.
Step 2: Select your file
It is now time to upload your data file. Simply click Select File, find your spreadsheet and upload it. Please wait for the upload to complete. This might take a few moments, depending on how large your database is. When done, click Next.
Step 3: Import People
This is where you can take a detailed look at your data. This screen is split into several sections, to allow you to narrow down on the impact of your import and any potential issues.
This screen includes several tabs:
- All - contains all of your imported data.
- Families - any newly imported families (each member is listed individually), as well as new members that match an existing family, both based on the Family ID,
- Correct (New) - correct records that will create new people profiles.
- Correct (Update( - correct records that will be updating existing people profiles.
- Warnings - records with specific warnings, for example an invalid email. Even if there are warnings, your data can still be imported, but it is important for you to be aware of them.
- Errors - The data cannot be imported if there are errors. These can vary from missing information (e.g.: first or last name) to a template that does not match the one required.
Additionally, you can decide whether to include new people into specific groups. Simply select them from the dropdown to do so. As a reminder: Group data is not updated for existing people. You can adjust their group memberships via the People or Groups module.
The spreadsheet section of this screen lets you see the exact data that will be imported.
Any existing warnings will be highlighted in yellow, and errors in red. Please go to the corresponding tabs for an overview. Correct any warnings or errors, then reupload your file by following steps 1 and 2.
You can remove a record from the import using the Remove button next to it. This does not delete any existing profiles, it only removes the record from the import tool, so no updates will be made to the respective profile.
Once you have gone through your data and corrected any issues, please click on Import.
Once the import is done, any new people will now have profiles. IF you have updated existing profiles, these will reflect as well.