MailChimp is a specialized email delivery & marketing service that allows you to keep a list of people and email them in bulk. You can easily integrate MailChimp with ChMeetings in order to send emails to your congregation and track email activity.
Steps towards integrating MailChimp
You can enable the integration by following a few simple steps:
- First, please create a new audience that is dedicated to this integration. Here is a guide from MailChimp that should help you achieve this.
- Click on your profile picture and select Account from the menu that comes up.
- Click on Extras and select API Keys.
- If you have not created an API Key in MailChimp yet, please click Create Key and one will be created and enabled automatically. If you already have a key you want to use, please make sure it’s enabled.
- Copy the API Key.
- Now, go to Settings > Integrations, in your ChMeetings account.
- Find MailChimp and click the Integrate button.
- Next, paste the API Key you just retrieved from MailChimp, then click Connect. This will connect ChMeetings to your MailChimp account and will allow you to further configure the integration.
- It’s now time to select an Audience. This means that you are connecting your ChMeetings people to those you have in MailChimp (where they are organized as “Audiences”).
WARNING: The audience you select will be overwritten with people from ChMeetings. To avoid losing any contacts from MailChimp, we highly recommend that you create an audience, dedicated to this integration, as advised above.
- Now, choose how you would like to link this audience to ChMeetings. You can choose to either connect All people with it, or you can select a specific Group. If you select a Group, then you will be asked to select it.
- When you are sure you’re ready, please click Save.
You’re done. MailChimp is now connected to your ChMeetings account. It will take a little while to send the list of People to MailChimp - how long depends on how large your list is. You can use both your apps until this gets done. The integration will show: “Status: In Progress” while syncing, and “Status: Success” when the sync has completed.
- If you edit a person in ChMeetings, their profile will also be updated in MailChimp, but not the other way around. This occurs if you archive/delete a person as well - they will be removed from the MailChimp Audience. Therefore, we recommend that you keep ChMeetings as the main ChMS when working with this integration.
- The integration does not exchange emails between the two apps, just people. This means that when you are sending emails from ChMeetings, these emails will be kept in the Email History Report, but they will not be sent to MailChimp. If you email from MailChimp, they will only be kept in MailChimp and will not be logged into ChMeetings.
Once your integration is enabled, you will see a few options:
- Remove integration: This disables the automatic sync between MailChimp and ChMeetings. The people in both your apps will not be affected.
- Edit Integration: This button lets you Edit the integration (API Key, Audience and linked people). The Sync option lets you sync the two apps whenever you may need to.