Our free data transfer service explained
ChMeetings transfers your existing data into our platform, for free, if you have a paid account.
How does it work?
- Step 1: Sign up for any paid ChMeetings plan. Here are other things to consider before deciding whether you sign up for a free or paid account.
- Step 2: Export your data from the system you’re currently using, or make sure it can be exported.
- Step 3: Contact us via email@example.com and let us know. With your email, please provide a file containing your data or credentials we can use to access it online. We support the following file formats: xls, xlsx, csv. We can transfer from any supported file or from online systems, as long as there is a way to export information out of them. We cannot transfer data stored locally on your machine.
- Step 4: Our team gives you an estimated date and time when the data transfer will take place. In case we encounter any issues, we will get in touch with you.
- Step 5: Your data is imported and available for you to use within your ChMeetings account.
What do the ChMeetings team do during this process?
It’s quite simple:
- We retrieve the data from your current system or from the file you send us,
- We format it so it’s compatible with ChMeetings.
- We import it into your ChMeetings account.
How long does it take?
The process takes up to 10 working days, usually less. The duration will depend on several factors:
- The amount of data you need to transfer.
- The processing work we need to undertake in order to make your data compatible with ChMeetings (e.g. formatting.)
- The number of customer transfer requests our team is working on when you send yours.
What data can be transferred?
We can transfer the following types of data:
- People profile fields, all except the profile picture.
- People profile notes (in some cases).
- Contributions - offline and online, except recurring online giving.
- Event attendance data (in some cases).
What data cannot be transferred?
We cannot transfer the following types of data:
- Profile pictures.
- Attachments - in both profiles and forms.
- Form data in general.
- Recurring online giving history.
- Follow ups.
Suggestions about your data and your ChMeetings account:
- We suggest that you do not make adjustments to ChMeetings, in preparation for the transfer (e.g. adding custom fields). Our team will do this for you anyway, and we may even need to work extra to remove your changes, if they do not contribute to properly importing your data.
- If you have added any data to ChMeetings prior to the transfer, some duplicates may come up. We will merge any obvious duplicates for you, but we also suggest that you revise your data once we complete the transfer. To merge duplicates, please use the Merge People feature.