Groups are a great way for you to organize people, according to any criteria. You can use them, for example, to create activity groups, make lists of people who might need special care, create children’s groups, etc.
You can always find your ChMeetings groups by going to the Groups module, in the main menu.
In ChMeetings, Groups can have Group Leaders who manage their activity and have additional features within their ChMeetings account, in accordance with their role and the permissions an Owner or Admin sets for them.
New groups can be created from the dedicated Groups module. Here are the steps to follow:
- Click on Add Group.
- Enter the Group Name, as well as the Description, in the window that comes up.
- Click on Save when you are ready.
Your group has now been saved and will display within your Groups list, wherever relevant within ChMeetings..
To edit an existing group:
- Go to Groups.
- Find the group you want to edit.
- Click the options button next to it, then select Edit.
- You can now edit the Group Name and Description. Click Save when you are ready.
Transferring people between groups
If you no longer need a specific group, but you want all the people in it to be included in another, you can transfer them in a couple of clicks.
Just click the Transfer icon at the top right of your groups list. Next, select the group from which you want to remove people, then the group to which you would like to add them. Click the Transfer button when you are ready.
Note that all people will be removed from the group they are in. At the moment, there is no option to transfer specific people. If you would like to add certain people to a group, you can use People > Bulk Actions > Add to Groups.
To delete an existing group:
- Go to Groups.
- Find the group you want to remove.
- Click the options button next to it, then select Delete.
- You will now be asked whether you are sure that you want to delete the selected group. Click again on Delete if you are sure.
Your group will now be removed from your list of groups, as well as from anywhere it was assigned to people profiles.
Note: Any people who had been assigned to the group, prior to deletion, will need to be reassigned to another, if you still want them to be part of a group.