The Online Member Directory allows your members to see each other, in a dedicated section of their ChMeetings account.
Configuring the Online Member Directory
Here are the steps to take to configure this feature.
Step 1: Enable the Online Member Directory and set permissions
- Go to Member Portal and start from the Online Member Directory option, by clicking on Member role settings.
- Alternatively, go to Users & Roles > Roles & Permissions, and edit the Member Role.
- Turn on the Enable Member Directory toggle.
- Set the Visibility for the Online Member Directory. If you choose to allow visibility within the same account, then all members will be visible to each other by default. IF you choose to allow visibility within the same group, then only members who are part of the same group will see each other. Please note that the group’s visibility will need to be set to `Members` for the feature to enable correctly. More details below.
- Select the Visible Fields that will be accessible within the Members’ Profiles, when they are visible in the Member Directory. Fields that you don’t select will not be displayed.
Step 2: Set group visibility
If you want to allow members to see each other within the same group, please ensure that you edit that group, and enable Allow Members to View The Group.
What it looks like for members
The Member Directory is available as a separate module, within the Member View. You can switch to it yourself and take a look.
The Member Directory comes with a Search field and the option to view it by Individuals or Families. The information displayed at-a-glance includes the profile photo, mobile and home phone, and email address. If members choose to hide any fields, they will not be displayed within the Directory. When viewing Families, individual photos are replaced with the Family Photo.
Directory Settings for Members
Your members have the option to select what fields to display on their Online Member Directory profile, or whether they want to hide themselves altogether.
To access these settings, Members need to go to My Profile > Directory Settings.
Here is where they will have the option to select which fields they want to display, or whether they want to completely hide their profile.
Note: Any Member can also hide themselves from the Member Directory by editing their personal profile and switching on the Hide me from the Member Directory toggle.