The Online Member Directory allows your members to see each other, in a dedicated section of their ChMeetings account.
Configuring the Online Member Directory
Here are the steps to take to configure this feature.
Step 1: Enable the Online Member Directory and set permissions
- Go to Member Access and start from the Online Member Directory option, by clicking on Member role settings.
- Alternatively, go to Users & Roles > Roles & Permissions, and edit the Member Role.
- Turn on the Enable Member Directory toggle.
- Set the Visibility for the Online Member Directory. If you choose to allow visibility within the same same account, then all members will be visible to each other by default. IF you choose to allow visibility within the same group, then only members who are part of the same group will see each other. Please note that the group’s visibility will need to be set to `Members` for the feature to enable correctly. More details below.
- Select the Visible Fields that will be accessible within the Members’ Profiles, when they are visible in the Member Directory. Fields that you don’t select will not be displayed.
Step 2: Set group visibility
If you want to allow members to see each other within the same group, please ensure that you edit that group, and set its visibility to `Members`.
What it looks like for members
The Member Directory is available as a separate module, within the Member View. You can switch to it yourself and take a look.
The module provides a list of available members, according to your visibility settings. Members can hide themselves from the Member Directory as well, so they will not show up in this list if that is their case.
Please note that if someone chose to hide themselves from the Member Directory, they will not be displayed in your print Directory either (when exporting People to Directory).
Hiding your profile from the Member Directory
Any Member can hide themselves from the Member Directory by editing their personal profile and switching on the Hide me from the Member Directory toggle.