- Adding a new event
- Editing an existing event
- Deleting an existing event
Organizing church events is easy, with ChMeetings’ dedicated Events module. Here is where you can create a list of your events, share them with people, register and check in participants, and retrieve related lists and reports.
Adding a new event
To add a new event to ChMeetings, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Events module. Here is where you will see a list of any existing events.
- Click on Add Event.
- You are now ready to fill out your event details.
Basic event details
Add the following basic details to your new event:
- A Title.
- A Start date and time.
- An end date and time.
Event image and description (Optional)
If you want to add an image and a description to your event, please toggle the Image and Description switch to the ON position. Next:
- Click on Add image, then browse your computer for the image you want to add. The resolution should be 620X200 pixels.
- Enter your event description text into the Description editor area.
- If you would like to replace or remove the image of an event, click the edit (pencil) icon, found in the top right corner of the image. Here is where you can choose to Replace the Image (browse your computer for a new one), or Remove the image altogether.
Registration setup (Optional)
If you want to enable registration for this event, please toggle Registration to the ON position. Registration is optional, and you can set it up as follows:
- First, set the Available Ticket Count. You have the option to switch on “Per family” if you want to enable people to register for one ticket, but come to the event with other members of their family. If you toggle on “Unlimited” then there will be no limit to the number of people who can register.
- Enable Don’t allow cancellation, and set how many hours before the event you would like to stop allowing people to cancel their registration.
This is where you can choose which Calendar to add this event to. If you do not select one, the event will be added to the “Meetings” calendar by default.
All calendars, except for the one dedicated to Meetings, allow you to optionally limit people’s registration to the events added to the respective calendar. If you enable this option, please enter for how many days you would like to prevent people from registering to other events within the selected calendar. Once you add a number of days to this field within any event, then the setting will apply to all events within the same calendar for which you have enabled registration.
If you need to add a new calendar, please click the Settings (gear) icon. In the window that comes up, enter your calendar’s Name, select a color to associate with it, then click Save.
Here is where you can set who can attend your event:
- Set Attendance to: “All”, “Groups”, “Individuals”, “ Form Respondents” or “No One”. If you have enabled registration for this event, you can only choose between “All” people or “Groups”. Here are the options that some attendance option reveals:
- Form respondents will allow you to choose the form based on which you would like to create the event.
- Groups will allow you to select which Groups can attend.
- Set the Visibility to either “Users” (Owners, Admins or Group Leaders), “Members”, or to “Public”. If you set visibility to either “Members” or “Public”, then you can also enable Self Check in. When this is active, people can check themselves in once the event starts. At the end of the event, the option will be automatically disabled. Only events that have visibility set to “Public” can be shared. Events with visibility set to “User” or “Member” are not shareable, but are visible within the Events module of ChMeetings, for both users (Owners or Admins) and Members alike.
- Select a Mandatory Check In Form: All forms you create via the Forms module will become available to select within the event editing window. This is very useful when you want to obtain information before checking people in for an event. If you choose to add a form here, it will be automatically displayed during Check In.
Recurring events setup (Optional)
If your event is recurring, then you can turn on the Event Repeat toggle. This will allow you to configure the following:
- How often the event repeats: daily, weekly, every two weeks, or monthly.
- The days on which the event takes place. Simply check the box next to a day to select it.
- The end date of the repeat, which will represent the date at which the events stop taking place. Simply enter the date or use the calendar tool in the field to select it.
Event sessions setup (Optional)
If you would like to configure sessions for your event, to provide people with greater insight into how you have organized it, then please click the Add Session button.
This will open up a separate section, where you can configure the following:
- The Topic of the session.
- The Start Time.
- The End Time.
- The Speaker. Speakers need to have a ChMeetings profile before you can add them.
- Any Notes you might want to add.
Click on Save when you are ready to add your new session.
All of the sessions you add will be displayed within the Sessions area of your event configuration window.
If you would like to edit or delete a session, please click the options button next to it, then choose the corresponding option.
Save your event
When you have completed the sections above, please click on Save to make sure your event is saved.
Editing an existing event
To edit an existing event:
- Go to the Events module, where you will see a list of upcoming events. Find the event that you would like to edit, and click on it.
- You will now see your main event screen, where all related details and options will be displayed.
Editing a one-time event
- If you are editing a one-time event, then you will see the event options on the top right corner of your screen, where you can press the options button and then select Edit.
Editing a recurring event or its occurrences
- If you are editing a recurring event, then you can also find the Edit option by clicking the options button at the top right. This option allows you to edit the entire event.
- If you would like to edit a specific occurrence, please find it in the occurrences list on the left, then click the options button next to it to find the Edit option for that occurrence. You can change the start and end dates to adjust the period for which you’d like to view or edit occurrences.
- When using this option, you will only be able to edit specific details, which will only update the selected occurrence, not the entire event. Here is a list of fields you can edit:
- Start Time.
- End Time.
- Image and description.
- Available Ticket Count.
- Turn on/off unlimited tickets.
- Enable or disable cancellations within a desired amount of hours before the event.
- Self Check In.
Note: You can also edit the main event or a specific occurrence from the occurrence registration page, using the options menu at the bottom right. This page is accessible via the main event screen, as well as through the calendar.
Deleting an existing event
You can delete an entire event (whether one-time or recurring), or an occurrence (if the event is recurring).
Deleting a one-time event
If you want to delete a one-time event, then please see the event options on the top right corner of your screen, where you can press the options button and then select Delete.
- Deleting an event will remove all data associated with it, including recorded attendance. Please confirm your choice by clicking again on Delete. Click Cancel if you change your mind.
Deleting a recurring event or its occurrences
- If you want to delete a recurring event, then you can find the Delete option by clicking the options button at the top right. This option allows you to delete the entire event, along with all data associated with it, including recorded attendance.
- Please confirm your choice by clicking again on Delete. Click Cancel if you change your mind.
- If you would like to delete a specific occurrence, please find it in the occurrences list on the left, then click the options button next to it to find the Delete option for that occurrence. Note that this list only displays future occurrences of the event and those that have passed can no longer be deleted.
- Deleting an event’s occurrence will remove the data and attendance associated with the selected occurrence. It will not remove the data associated with other occurrences of the same event. Please confirm your choice by clicking again on Delete. Click Cancel if you change your mind.
- A third option is to delete the event (if one-time) or one of its occurrences (if recurring) from the event registration page, at the bottom left, where you can press Delete, then confirm your choice.