- The attendance tracking process
- Getting started with check-in
- The check In screen, explained
- Checking someone in
- The check In process when there is a mandatory form in place
- Using QR codes for mobile check in
- Removing someone’s check in
- Exporting lists of attendants or absentees
- Adding Guests
The attendance tracking process
In order for you to track attendance for an event within ChMeetings, the event needs to be created and attendants need to be checked in for the particular event they attend. The check-in process is used when people show up at your event and you want to record them as having attended. Here is a short overview of how this works:
- First, you need to choose the event for which you want to track attendance.You can find all of your events within the dedicated Events module. Here is where you will have the option to first select the event to which you would like to check in attendees. If the event you require has not been created yet, then please create it first, by following this guide.
- Next, you need to check people in for the event. You can have someone handle check-in on site, when the event takes place, by following the process presented below in this guide. In addition, you can allow members to check themselves in. They can do so by following the process presented in this event attendance guide for members,
Getting started with check-in
You do not need to enable registration in order to have the option to check people in.
To start tracking attendance using check-in, please go to Events and select or create the event you require.
For one-time events, the Check In option is located at the top right of the main event screen.
For recurring events, you will find a Check In option next to each future occurrence.
Get started by clicking the Check In button, either on a one-time event, or on an event’s occurrence.
The check In screen, explained
Once clicking the Check In button, you will be taken to a dedicated section, where you can select the people who are attending your event. This section comes with the following features:
- An Absent People list, which includes people who have not yet been checked in to the event.
- An Attended People list, including people that have been checked in.
- A button with options to Add People and Guests. Please note that this button does not display if your event has registration enabled.
- A Search field, where you can type in the name of the person you want to check in.
- An Alphabet by which you can more easily find people whose last name begins with the selected initial.
- A Filter feature that allows you to sort the list alphabetically or by last attended date, or filter by group or by gender. Here is what the feature looks like:
- The Check In button, available on the Absent People list. Clicking it will check the person in and move them to the Attended People list. On the Attended People list this is replaced by a Remove Check In button. When clicked, this will move the person back to the Absent People list.
- An Export option that allows you to export both people lists, and to export by group.
Please check the visual guide below to see where each of the above features is located.
Checking someone in
When not found in the Absent People list
Before you can check someone in, they need to be in your list of Absent People first. Please use the Search box to find them. If they are not there, they either do not have a ChMeetings profile or they do not fit the criteria set while creating the event (e.g.: group or user role). In this case, please follow the steps below:
- Search for them in the main People module. If they do not have a profile, you can add them either from the main People module: or from the Check In screen. Here is where you can click the Add People button on the left side of the search box, then select Add New Person. This will allow you to edit the person’s complete profile and add them to the Attended People list, as checked in.
- If they do not fit the event’s criteria, use the Add People option, from the same menu.
- In the window that comes up, search for the person that you want to add. You can select multiple people and they will be added underneath the search field. If you need to remove any of them, simply click the delete (x) icon next to their name. Click Add when you are ready to add the selected people to your event. Once added, they will be displayed within the Attended People list, so they will be checked in automatically.
When not found in the Absent People list, for an event with registration
IF you want to check someone in to an event with registration required, there is no option to add new people to the Check In lists. This is because only registered people are being displayed.
If someone should be checked in, then please first register them to the event (if one-time) or occurrence (if recurring). Once registered, they will display within the Absent People list and you will be able to check them in by following the steps below.
When found in the Absent People list
If you have searched for a person and they are in the Absent People list, you can check them in right away by clicking the Check In (+) button next to their name. This will move them to the Attended People list. This is the same for events with and without registration, one time or recurring.
The check In process when there is a mandatory form in place
Sometimes, the event might require people to provide some information when checking in. This can be achieved by adding a mandatory form to the event Check In process. The Check In can only be completed after filling out the form.
Using QR codes for mobile check in
The check in process on the mobile app is the same as above, except for an additional feature.
You can scan people’s QR codes right from within the app. The option is found on the right side of the search field, in place of the export button on the desktop app. Press the QR scan button, then simply point your camera to the QR code. ChMeetings needs permission to use your camera for this to work.
You can get people’s QR codes from various places in ChMeetings:
- The QR code icon on the member’s profile.
- The Export feature on the People list, where you can generate QR Codes or cards, which you can either share with people or print for quick check in.
- The person’s registration confirmation page, where you can also see and download a QR code.for their registration. If there is only one registered person, they will be checked in automatically. If there are multiple people on the same registration, you will be given a list of them and you can check them in individually, using the check in button.
Removing someone’s check in
If you need to remove someone from the list of checked in attendees, please first find them in the Attended People list. Next, click the remove (-) icon next to their name. They will be moved back into the Absent People list once you do so. This is the same for events with and without registration, one time or recurring.
Exporting lists of attendants or absentees
IF you would like to export a list of either people who have attended or have been absent from a specific event, you can do so by clicking the Export button on the right side of the search box. This feature is available for all event types, regardless of registration requirements.
You will have the option to export either the Absent People or Attended People list, as well as to export each of these lists by group. If you choose to export by group, only people included within the selected list, who belong to the selected group will be exported.
Click Download to generate a spreadsheet that includes the person’s name, gender, contact details, event day and arrival time. If you are exporting the Absent People list, the arrival time will not be included, everything else will.
You can only add guests to events that do not require registration. To do so, simply click the Add People button on the right side of your search box and select Add Guests.
Next, enter the number of guests you would like to add. This will update the number of attendants to the event, but will not add any extra people profiles to ChMeetings. Guests therefore participate anonymously.