- Enabling event registration
- Enabling ticket payments
- Enabling donations
- Registering attendants
- Registration details and cancellation
- Registration restrictions
- Disabling registration when active
- Registered people lists and related options
Enabling registration is a great way to limit the people you want to host and better organize your event. You can activate it by creating or editing an event, as discussed in How to add, edit or delete an event.
Once you have enabled registration, only the amount of people you set will be able to register for your event. In addition, you can apply registration restrictions, which we will be discussing below.
Only users with registration management permissions can register other people, who are not part of their family. These users can be Owners, Admins. Group Leaders or have a custom role. The two permissions they require are: Registration and Cancel Reg. Members can only register themselves and people set as belonging to the same family.
Enabling event registration
If you want to enable registration for an event, please toggle Registration to the ON position while creating the event. Registration is optional, and you can set it up as follows:
- First, set the Available Ticket Count. You have the option to switch on “Per family” if you want to enable people to register for one ticket, but come to the event with other members of their family. If you toggle on “Unlimited” then there will be no limit to the number of people who can register.
- Enable Don’t allow cancellation, and set how many hours before the event you would like to stop allowing people to cancel their registration.
- Select a Mandatory Registration Form: All forms you create via the Forms module will become available to select within the event editing window. This is very useful when you want to obtain information before people can register for an event. If you choose to add a form here, it will be automatically displayed during registration. The registration process can only be completed after submitting the form.
Enabling ticket payments
This is a paid feature.
When you require registration for an event, you can also enable ticket payments. This can be done in the event editor, within the Registration section. Simply set the toggle to the ON position to enable the feature.
You can add several ticket types, using the Add Ticket Type option, which allows you to enter different pricing options and give your tickets a name. (Tickets can only be named when there is more than one ticket type.)
You will need to configure your payment provider (PayPal or Stripe) before being able to use paid tickets. Payments can be collected either online, via PayPal or Stripe; or in person, using cash.
You can see a list of payments in the Event Registration Log Report.
It is possible to allow members to make partial payments for their event participation - which can also be in several instalments. You can allow this from the event editing window, by enabling Partial Payment and adding a minimum amount to pay upon registration. Members can pay the remaining amounts later, either in cash or online, via their event registration within their member account. Everytime a member pays online, they will need to pay the minimum amount you set, unless it is their last instalment.
Members can pay later by logging into their account, then following the steps below:
- My Registrations
- Find the corresponding event registration
- On the registration page, click Pay Now, and follow the on-screen payment instructions. These will depend on the payment gateway you have integrated with.
If you enable event registration, you can also allow attendees to donate to your church.
To do so, simply follow the steps below:
- Turn on Enable Donation.
- Use the Donation Title field to give your donation section a name
- Suggest an amount.
- Choose the Fund to which the donations will be assigned.
When members register, the donation section will look like this:
Registration management is generally the same for both one-time and recurring events. However, people cannot be registered to a full recurring event; they can only be registered to each occurrence.
To register someone as an attendant to one of your events, please follow the steps below.
- Go to the Events module and select your desired event from the list. You can tell if the event has registration enabled by the ticket icon above the event name.
- Click Register.
- If you are working with a one-time event, the Register button will be at the top right of your event screen.
- If instead, you are registering someone to a recurring event, then the Register button will be next to each occurrence (Both as a standalone button and as an item within the occurrence options menu.). Note that in this case, registrations can only be made per occurrence, not per the entire event (At the moment, it is not possible to register people to all occurrences of an event.)
- You will now reach the event registration page. Here, please click again on Register.
- Next, see the Summary area that shows up at the bottom of the registration page, and click on Add People.
- Search for the person you want to register, using the Select People dropdown. Once you select a person, they will be added to a list at the bottom of the window. Click on Add when you are ready to complete the selection. If you change your mind, simply select another person from the list and the previous selection will be removed.
- Your newly registered person will now be displayed within the event Summary section.
- To remove someone already selected, click the delete icon next to their name.
- To confirm the registration, click on Confirm Registration.
You will now see the person’s registration details, along with additional options, which we discuss below, under Managing event registrations.
- You can only register one person at a time, unless they are part of the same family. In this case, you can add multiple people in one go. This will create one registration record for all selected people.
- If someone is restricted from registering to events in a specific calendar, for a certain period of time, then they cannot be registered. You will be informed on this matter by hovering over the 🛈 icon next to their name.
- You can also begin someone’s registration from within their individual profile, in the People module. Go to the Events tab, click Register to Event. find the event you need, then click Register. You will be directed to the event registration page, where you can follow the same process described above.
When you enable event registration, you can also enable the registration of guests. This feature is available for both free and paid events, but only when the event requires registration.
To enable guest registration, create or edit an event, then go to Registration > Enable Guests.
To register guests for an event:
- Go to the Events module and follow the same steps as for member registration, until you reach the event registration page. Here, please click on Register.
- Next, see the Summary area that shows up at the bottom of the registration page, and click on Add Guests. You will then be asked to enter the guest’s Name, Email and Mobile Number.
Please watch the demo below to see the guest registration process.
Guests can also register by themselves, if you enable the Guest View.
Once a guest’s registration is completed, they will be displayed within the People & Tickets list, as well as in the Event Registration Log Report. You can easily create a ChMeetings Profile for a guest, by clicking Add Person, underneath their name.
Registration details and cancellation
You can always manage existing registrations by going to the People section of an event. You will find it by clicking the People button, either at the top of your main event screen, or at the bottom of the main event registration page (or the registration page of an occurrence, if it’s a recurring event).
In the People window, click the Options button next to a person to either view their Registration Details or Cancel Their Ticket.
If you have a large list of people, you can filter by name or by registration date, using the corresponding fields at the top.
If you choose to view the person’s registration details, you will see a page dedicated to their registration, which comes along with additional features. Here is a list of options and a visual guide of the options you have within this window:
- Download the QR code assigned to this registration.
- Cancel the registration.
- View session details, according to the event’s session configuration.
- Register another place, to return to the main event registration page and add a new attendant.
Once you cancel someone’s reservation, they will be removed from the People list associated with the event or event occurrence you are working with.
Enabling registration restrictions
If you serve within a large church and want to control how many events people can attend, then you can do so while enabling registration for your event. While creating your event, all you need to do is:
- Turn on Limit registration per person in this calendar.
- Enter the number of days for which you want to restrict registration to events within the same calendar. When you do so, people who register for one event within a specific calendar will not be allowed to register themselves or be registered to another event within the same calendar. If you configure this setting for one event, it will apply to all events within the calendar you select, given that you have enabled registration for them. If the feature was enabled for a previous event and the number of days set have not passed, then the field will be prepopulated. You can adjust if needed
Disabling registration restrictions
For a one-time event, you can use Disable Registration Restrictions from the main event screen, by clicking the options menu at the top right. The same option can be found at the bottom of the event registration page.
For a recurring event, you can use Disable Registration Restrictions from the main event screen, by clicking on the options button next to a desired occurrence. The option is also available at the bottom of the event registration page.
When you choose any of these options, you will be asked to confirm your choice. Please do so by clicking again on Disable Registration Restrictions. Please click on Cancel if you change your mind.
Re-enabling registration restrictions
The Disable Registration Restrictions options will now become Enable Registration Restrictions, everywhere throughout the event you disabled this for. If. you would like to re-enable registration, please use this option to do so. You will be asked to confirm your choice.
Disabling registration when active
If you no longer want people to register to a particular event, you can disable the registration.
For a one-time event, you can use the Disable Registration option from the main event screen, by clicking the options menu at the top right. The same option can be found at the bottom of the event registration page.
For a recurring event, you can use Disable Registration from the main event screen, by clicking on the options button next to a desired occurrence. The option is also available at the bottom of the event registration page.
Regardless of the option you choose, you will be asked to confirm your choice. Please do so by clicking again on Disable Registration. Click Cancel if you do not want to proceed.
The Disable Registration options will now become Enable Registration, everywhere throughout the event you disabled it for. If. you would like to re-enable registration, please use this option to do so. You will be asked to confirm your choice.
Registered people lists and related options
View and export people lists
If you would like to view the list of people who have registered for a particular event, you can do so from the People section, which you can locate as follows;
- For a one-time event, at the top right of the main event screen.
- For a recurring event, at the top right of the main event screen - This will display the people who are registered to any occurrence of the event. You will also find a People section within the options menu next to each occurrence. Here is where you will find the list of people who have registered to the selected occurrence.
The People section displays a list of registered people, to either the entire event or to an occurrence, depending on your selection.
You can filter this list, using the fields at the top:
- By the person’s name.
- By registration date.
You can also export the list by clicking the Export button at the top right.
Alternatively, you can export a selection of people by checking the box next to their name, clicking on Bulk Actions, then choosing Export.
Wherever you export from, you will see a window with several options to choose from:
- Excel: This will generate an Excel spreadsheet including all member profile fields.
- Mailing Label: This option creates mailing labels automatically, with the details of people in the selected group. You can then print these labels if you need to.
- Directory: This allows you to generate and print a Member Directory. Read more about How to print the member directory?.
- Name Tags: Generates a list of names for people in the group, which you can print if needed.
- QR: Generates a QR Code for each person in the group.
- QR Card: Generates a QR Card for each person in the group. This can include at least the person’s name and QR Code, but you can choose to add other information to the card (picture, Ministry Name, Ministry Logo, or a subtle card background).
- Letter: Allows you to generate a single letter which you can send to everyone in the group, without having to type it for each member separately.
Most export options allow you to group people by family.
Individual registration options
For each person in the list you have the possibility to view their registration details or cancel their ticket.